Dell'Arte has one job opening at the moment: Production Stage Manager. See description below.
in areas of p/r, production, and admin, as well as for our Mad River Festival...
And we are always looking for volunteers
-- to usher, answer phones, and more......707 668-5663, or email@example.com
Position: Production Stage Manager
Organization: Dell'Arte International, Blue Lake, CA
Term: Full-time, beginning Feb. 1, 2013
Who we are:
Dell’Arte International is the North American center for theatre training, research, and performance of the actor-creator. We are a committed community of artists who model and share in a sustained ensemble artistic practice.
International in scope, grounded in the natural living world, inspired by our non-urban setting, Dell’Arte International explores theatre making, theatre practice and theatre training for ourselves, the world and the future.
Our artistic vision:
Dell’Arte International seeks to create resonant works of theatre that are visceral, athletic and that engage the mystery underlying all experience. We revel in ferocious play.
The Dell’Arte International School of Physical Theatre
The Dell’Arte Company
The Mad River Festival
We run a fast-paced production schedule with productions almost every week through the spring and summer. Most of our productions are devised in ensemble and performances are seen as part of the developmental process. As such, new works are often re-worked or re-written between performances. We run an annual summer theatre festival, The Mad River Festival, from mid-June through to the end of July every year, drawing audiences from around the region. Our academic year runs from October through June every year, with a roster of student productions through all levels of the training. In November and December we tour our annual Holiday Show to rural communities throughout our region.
About the position:
Responsibilities for the Production Stage Manager include but are not limited to the following areas:
· coordination of technical staff, technical budgets, and deadlines for all productions
· scheduling and running company production meetings
· attending rehearsals for company and school shows as stage manager, notating script and process developments, generating all reports and supporting the ensemble
· traveling with company touring shows as tour stage manager
· calling/running cues for productions as the situation requires
· scheduling of theatre spaces and rehearsal spaces
· production coordination for Mad River Festival and Holiday Show tour
· coordinating visiting performing artist's arrangements, travel and accommodations
· supervising and coordinating front of house staff (box office, house management, ushers, concessions)
We are an ensemble-run organization, which means that although we all have specific responsibility sets, all members of the organization take responsibility for the whole. Please see attached season brochure to get a sense of the scope of programming.
Qualifications and attributes sought:
· production and stage management experience
· ability to exhibit strong leadership
· strong communication skills
· strong organizational skills
· ability to delegate and manage work-flows
· ability to engage in big-picture thinking
· ability to set and manage priorities
· ability to work with students, interns, designers, directors, actors and audience
· strong knowledge of Word and Excel
· knowledge of, or willingness to learn Qlab
Compensation and benefits:
Beginning annual salary of $27,500. Benefits include four weeks of paid vacation time in addition to observed paid holidays, healthcare reimbursement program, worker’s comp, social security and medicare contributions, unemployment insurance contributions.
Dell’Arte currently employees a full time staff of 13 and a part-time staff of 7. This position will report to the Executive Director and will work closely with all positions in the organization, but especially with the Producing Artistic Director and the Technical Director.
Please send a letter of interest along with a current resume and three references who may be contacted via email or telephone to:
PO Box 816
Blue Lake, CA 95525
707-668-5663, ext 14
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org