Training Actor/Poets for the Theatre of Tomorrow from Dell'Arte on Vimeo.
The Dell'Arte International School has attracted students from
all over the world since it opened its doors in 1975.
What will you find at Dell'Arte International?
- Intense physical training to develop the expressive capabilities of the actor
- the study of movement, mask, clown, melodrama, commedia, devising and dynamic theatre-making
- an extraordinary location of natural beauty and inspiration
- an outstanding faculty of professional artists and teachers
- a dedication to community interaction
We offer an MFA in Ensemble-Based Physical Theatre. The three-year MFA program runs concurrently with our one-year certificate-granting Professional Training Program (PTP). Both are in session from October till mid-June.
The Advanced Ensemble Program (AEP) is a non-degree granting track of our 2nd and 3rd year MFA training. The AEP is for talented students who do not yet possess an undergraduate degree but have completed our Professional Training Program and are otherwise qualified for training at the level of our MFA students in terms of aptitude, rigor, maturity and perspective. AEP students matriculate into the 2nd and 3rd year ensemble alongside MFA students.
We train actors to be responsive and spontaneous with their imaginations, their minds and their bodies. We take the actor beyond the role of interpreter of a director's vision or playwright's words (the Actor/Interpreter); at Dell'Arte, the actor is fundamental to the creation of theatre (the Actor/Creator).
CLICK on FAQ'S under "About Dell'Arte" for lots more info about our school and company.....